Welcome to the Glenwood Springs Historical Society and Museum’s website. The Frontier Historical Society, Inc. was created in 1964 to preserve the pieces of Glenwood Springs’ past. A small museum was opened at that time, continued to grow and in 1972 a larger museum was opened in its present location at 1001 Colorado Avenue in Glenwood Springs. In 2016, we changed our name to the Glenwood Springs Historical Society to more accurately reflect the community we represent.
Our mission statement is simple: Serving as the Living Legacy of our Local Life. Our purpose is to collect and preserve artifacts and materials relating to the history of Glenwood Springs and Garfield county, Colorado. We make these materials available for research and interpret them through temporary and permanent exhibits at the museum, off-site exhibits, publications and educational programs. The Society cooperates with other individuals and organizations to accomplish these goals.